The procedures outlined here for dependent applications pertain only to qualifying family members who are applying separately from their respective principal applicant, and the principal applicant has been issued an E-visa by a U.S. consulate or embassy. In most cases, dependents are included when the principal applicant applies as a new case, renewal, or employee of a registered company.
If you are applying as a dependent (spouse or child under age 21) of a current E-visa holder, you should bring the following documents to the Consulate on the day of the interview:
- Confirmation of appointment;
- DS-160confirmation page for all dependents;
- Proof of legal relationship between the principal applicant and any dependents, e.g., original government-issued birth and/or marriage certificates, adoption papers, etc. Notarized copies, religious documents, hospital records, and short form birth certificates that do not show parentage do not satisfy this requirement;
- One 2×2 passport-style photographfor each applicant, taken on plain white background within the last six months (if your photograph could not be uploaded to your online DS-160);
- A photocopy of the principal applicant’s E-visa; and
- Appropriate reciprocity fee, if required.
Please be aware that all applicants age 14 years and older as well as those under the age of 80 must appear for a personal interview.