All visitors, including U.S. citizens, must be screened prior to entering the U.S. Embassy or Consulate and are subject to inspection via walk-through metal detector and a hand-held metal detector. All personal items will undergo full inspection by use of x-ray and other detection equipment.
Any visitor refusing to submit to security screening shall be prohibited from entering.
Prohibited Items (Items Not to Bring to the Embassy/Consulate)
The following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Embassy and Consulate and we have no storage facilities for them, so please leave them at your home, your hotel, or in your vehicle:
- Backpacks, bags, luggage, or large purses (purses 12 x 10 x 6 in. and smaller will be permitted)
- Food and beverages
- Weapons, including mace or pepper spray
- Tools, including any sharp or bladed objects
- Any oils, aerosols or pump sprays, liquids, lotions and powders
- Any type of fire starter
- Helmets of any type
- Strollers will be determined on a case-by-case basis
- Electronic or recording equipment of any kind, including, but not limited to:
- Laptop computers
- Mobile phones
- MP3, CD, or cassette players
- Keyless remotes
This list is not all-inclusive. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate reserves the right to deny entry of any items deemed suspicious.