Report a Lost or Stolen Passport

The State Department encourages you to report the loss or theft of your passport to local authorities, and to obtain a police report.

Obtaining a replacement passport is a two-step process:

  1. Report the loss or theft of your valid passport immediately to the Embassy using Form DS-64 (PDF – 51KB); and
  2. Follow the procedures for applying as if you were a first-time passport applicant, bringing your police report with the rest of the required documents.