Redeeming Savings Bonds

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Signature Verification at a Consulate

In order to redeem U.S. savings bonds in a foreign country, the registered owner’s signature on the bond must be verified by a United States diplomatic or consular officer at a U.S. embassy or consulate. The registered owner must submit the bond(s) and proper identification, including their Social Security Number and mailing address. There is no fee for this notarial service, for which the bond holder should make an appointment.

More Information

Questions regarding U.S. savings bonds including redemption should be directed to the Department of the Treasury, or their U.S. Savings Bonds website.