Toronto Passport Walk-in Adult Renewal – Thursdays, 1:00-2:30pm at 360 University Avenue, Toronto

The U.S. Consulate in Toronto is offering a pilot program for walk-in passport renewals.  You can renew in person without an appointment on Thursdays, 1:00-2:30pm at 360 University Avenue, Toronto, using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:

  1. Is submitted with your application
  2. Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
  3. Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  4. Was issued within the last 15 years
  5. Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)

If you do not meet the application criteria or do not have the Form DS-82 and photo, your application will not be accepted and you will be required to make a new appointment to Apply in Person. We are not able to accommodate minor passport renewals (appointment required)

Walk-in renewal hours are only available Thursdays, 1:00-2:30pm at 360 University Avenue, Toronto (please note the U.S. Consulate is closed on all U.S. and Canada public holidays). You must meet all of the above criteria, and you must have Form DS-82 printed and filled out as well as a photo in order to qualify for walk-in service. We strongly encourage you to bring a pre-paid, self-addressed Canada Post Express envelope with you to your appointment so that we can mail your passport to you when it is ready.

The fee for this renewal service is $110 USD and may be paid in U.S. or Canadian cash, or with major credit card. Fees may not be paid by personal check or debit card.

Note: U.S. citizens living in Canada are also eligible for passport renewal by mail. The Department of State’s DS-82 form is incorrect in stating that U.S. citizens residing abroad cannot submit their renewal application by mail, and that Passport Services will not mail a passport to a private address outside the United States, as an exception is made for residents of Canada. You may write a Canadian mailing address on the DS-82 form and Passport Services will mail your new passport to that address.

Visit to see whether you can renew your U.S. passport by mail. If not, you can make an appointment to renew your passport at the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa or any U.S. consulate in Canada. Please note that neither the U.S. Embassy nor the U.S. consulates in Canada can accept passport applications by mail.