If you are a U.S. citizen with an emergency situation, please call the embassy or consulate nearest you. Someone will respond to your call 24 hours a day. Please note the numbers below are NOT for visa inquiries.
Emergency contact numbers for the Embassy and U.S. Consulates in Canada are as follows:
- Calgary consular region (includes Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories): 403-266-8962, and press “0” for immediate assistance
- Halifax consular region (includes New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and the French islands of St. Pierre & Miquelon): 902-429-2480
- Montreal consular region (includes southern Quebec, encompassing the Laurentides, Lanaudiere, Laval, Montreal, Montregie, Estrie, as well as the southern parts of Centre-du-Quebec, including Drummondville: 514-398-9695
- Ottawa consular region (includes Eastern Ontario, and those parts of the Québec regions of Outaouais and Abitibi-Témiscamingue near Ottawa): 613-238-5335
- Québec City consular region (includes those regions of Québec to the north and east of the Montreal and Ottawa Districts (indicated above), plus the territory of Nunavut): 418-692-2095
- Toronto consular region (includes Ontario, excluding Eastern Ontario):416-595-6506. After business hours, please call 416-201-4056
- Vancouver consular region (includes British Columbia and Yukon Territory): 604-685-4311
Please review the U.S. Government in Canada website for additional information on emergency and non-emergency services.