Security Alert – U. S. Consulate Quebec, Canada
May 11, 2018
Location: Canada, countrywide
Event: The U.S. government remains concerned that terrorists are intent on targeting U.S. citizens, including children. Terrorists may employ a variety of tactics, such as violent assaults and kidnappings. In the past they have used knives, guns, and vehicles as ramming devices. They may target schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public venues.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and transportation hubs.
- Review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Report social media threats to local authorities.
The U.S. Consulate General Quebec is located at 2 Rue de la Terrasse-Dufferin and is reachable at 1-418-692-2106, 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours, the main line number can be used to access an emergency number for U.S. citizens. Our e-mail address is Quebecacs@state.gov.
State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
For further information about security in Canada:
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.