Security Alert – U. S. Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada
May 11, 2018
Location: Canada, countrywide
Event: The U.S. government remains concerned that terrorists are intent on targeting U.S. citizens, including children. Terrorists may employ a variety of tactics, such as violent assaults and kidnappings. In the past they have used knives, guns, and vehicles as ramming devices. They may target schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, transportation hubs, and other public venues.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, churches, tourist locations, and transportation hubs.
- Review travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Report social media threats to local authorities.
The U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada is located at 1095 West Pender St., Vancouver, British Columbia, V6E 2M6 and is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. You can reach us at 1 604-685-4311 during normal working hours or for urgent assistance. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The U.S Embassy website address is ca.usembassy.gov.
State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
For further information about security in Canada:
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.