Message to U.S. Citizens in Canada: Public Health Reminder to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
March 31, 2020
Event: Public Health Reminder to Help Slow the Spread of COVID-19
American and Canadian health officials agree that physical distancing can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Healthcare workers and first responders are working around the clock to help keep us safe and healthy. You can do your part by staying at home and minimizing your exposure to COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Encourage U.S. citizen friends and family to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so the U.S. Embassy and Consulates can contact them with updated information. If you plan to remain in Canada beyond your previously planned travel dates, remember to modify your STEP profile in order to continue to receive information and emergency alerts.
Monitor the following U.S. Government websites—
- Embassy webpage for information on conditions in Canada.
- Travel Restrictions Fact Sheet for information on COVID-19 Related Travel Restrictions across the U.S. Borders with Canada and Mexico.
- CDC website for the most up-to-date health information.
- COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information.
- Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Customs and Border Protection for the latest travel restrictions for entry into the United States.
- Travel.state.gov Canada Information and Travel Advisory page for Canada specific information.
Monitor the following Canadian Government websites—
- Public Health Agency of Canada for information on the Canadian government’s response to COVID-19.
- Canada Border Services Agency for all information on entry and exit requirements to Canada.
Monitor the following additional suggested websites—
- Airlines, buses, trains, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
Follow us on—
For Assistance: The U.S. Embassy and Consulate Generals are continually monitoring the current situation in Canada and continue to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens.
U.S. Consulate General Montreal
1134, Rue Ste-Catherine West
Montreal, QC H3B 1H4
Telephone: +1 (514) 398-9695
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (416) 645-9124
Fax: +1 (514) 398-9748
U.S. Consulate General Toronto
360 University Ave
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4
Telephone: +1 (416) 595-1700
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (416) 595-6506
Fax: +1 (416) 595-5466
U.S. Consulate General Vancouver
1075 West Pender Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Telephone: +1 (604) 685-4311
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (604) 685-4311
Fax: +1 (604) 685-7175
U.S. Consulate General Halifax
Purdy’s Wharf Tower II
1969 Upper Water Street, Suite 904
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3R7
Telephone: +1 (902) 429-2480
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (902) 429-2480, Press 1
Fax: +1 (902) 423-6861
U.S. Consulate General Quebec
2, rue de la Terrasse Dufferin
(Vieux Quebec, behind Chateau Frontenac)
Quebec, Quebec G1R 4T9
Telephone: +1 (418) 692-2095
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +1 (418) 692-2096
Fax: +1 (418) 692-4640