United States Consulate General
360 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4
The entrance for all American Citizen Services is on 360 University Blvd. The entrance for all Visa services is at 225 Simcoe Street, directly behind the University Avenue entrance. Note: All services by appointment only.
- 416-595-1700 general inquiries, (Our switchboard operator has no consular or visa information.)
- 437-887-1448 for general inquiries and to schedule a visa interview appointment, if calling from the Toronto area
- 703-249-4643 for general inquiries and to schedule a visa interview appointment, if calling from the outside the Toronto area or the United States
The Consulate is open for business Monday through Friday, except on American and Canadian holidays
- American Citizen Services
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Report of Birth Abroad Applications
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. ONLY
- Visa Inquiries by email only
- Visa Applications
By appointment only, for further information please visit canada.usvisa-info.com
NOTICE: All visitors must be screened prior to entering the U.S. Consulate and are subject to inspection via walk-through metal detector and hand-held metal detector. Moreover, personal items are also subject to full inspection by use of x-ray and other detection equipment.
Any visitor refusing to submit to security screening shall be prohibited from entering the U.S. Consulate.
The following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Consulate:
- Food and beverages
- Backpacks, bags, luggage, etc.
- Weapons or tools of any kind
- Electronic or recording equipment of any kind to include laptops, cell phones, tape/CD/MP3 players, pagers, etc.
- Oversized strollers
As we have no facilities for storing these items, please do not bring them when you visit the consulate.