The Consulate is open for business Monday to Friday, except on American and Canadian holidays.
Hours Open to the Public
NOTE: Visa applications and all non-emergency services for American citizens are accepted by appointment only. You must make an appointment before coming to the Consulate.
- American Citizen Services: Monday – Friday, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Non-immigrant Visa Applications: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
To make an appointment for an American Citizen or Notarial Services visit American Citizen Services scheduling system.
- For information on obtaining U.S. passports, citizenship, please visit Citizen Services section of the Embassy website.
To make an appointment for your non immigrant visa application visit the U.S. Visa Service. You may also call 403-800-1194 (from Calgary); or 703-249-4643 (from elsewhere in Canada and the United States).
- For information about visas (including immigrant and non-immigrant), the visa application, and interview process visit the Visa Section of the Embassy website.
Emergencies Involving U.S. Citizens
- For emergencies involving the death or serious injury of a U.S. citizen that occur outside of regular Consulate business hours call 403-266-8962 and press “0” for assistance.
U.S. Consulate General
615 MacLeod Trail S.E.
Rocky Mountain Plaza Building
Consulate Access: To gain access to the Consulate, all visitors should proceed to the consulate security screening area located on the main-floor of the Rocky Mountain Plaza Building next to the 7 Avenue SE entrance. Please bring valid picture ID with you.
Please note the following persons may accompany a visa applicant during Consular-related visit:
- Interpreter: Applicants may bring one interpreter if they do not speak English well enough to participate in an interview, and consulate staff cannot interview them in their native language. A final decision as to whether or not an interpreter is needed will be made by consular staff on the day of the interview.
- Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring one person to assist them if they are over 80 years of age, are a minor child, or are disabled and require assistance to complete the application process.
- Attorney: Attorneys will NOT be permitted to accompany clients into the waiting room or at their interviews.
Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants, and the time required to screen consular clients, other accompanying persons cannot be admitted to the waiting room, nor should they wait outside the waiting room. Drivers, friends, and extra relatives must wait at another location or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed.