Demonstration Alert – U. S. Consulate General, Montreal, Canada
30 April, 2018
Location: Announced gathering points include the following areas in Montreal:
- The downtown area starting at Phillips Square.
Event: The U.S. Consulate General informs U.S. citizens that a demonstration is expected to take place on Tuesday, May 1, 2018, starting at 6:30pm from Phillips Square. Local authorities are aware of the demonstration and will be on site. U.S. government personnel have been advised to avoid those areas during the scheduled hours of the demonstration.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
The U.S. Consulate General Montreal is located at 1155 rue St. Alexandre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3B 3Z1 and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. You can reach us at 1-514-398-9695 during business hours. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, the emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Consulate General is the same 1-514-398-9695 and follow the prompts. Our e-mail address is Montreal-ACS@state.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
For further information about security in Canada:
- See the Department of State travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Canada Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.