Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the U.S. Consulate located at 1155 Saint-Alexander Street and Boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec H2T 1R6
Event: Demonstrations expected to take place on September 20 at 5 p.m.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
The U.S. Consulate General Montreal, is located at 1155 rue St. Alexandre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3B 3Z1and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm on Monday to Friday. You can reach us at 1-514-398-9695 during business hours. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, the emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Consulate General is the same 1-514-398-9695 and follow the prompts. Our e-mail address is Montreal-ACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
- For further information about security in Canada: See the Department of State travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Canada Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter