Demonstration Alert – U. S. Consulate General, Montreal, Canada
March 15, 2019
Location: Please be aware that on Friday, March 15th, a protest is scheduled to take place in downtown Montreal starting from 6:00pm.
Demonstrators will be gathering at Place Normand Bethune (intersection of de Maisonneuve Ouest and Guy street) at 6:00pm, followed by the demonstration at 7:00pm.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
The U.S. Consulate General Montreal, is located at 1155 rue St. Alexandre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3B 3Z1and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm on Monday to Friday. You can reach us at 1-514-398-9695 during business hours. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, the emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Consulate General is also 1-514-398-9695. For routine inquiries, our e-mail address is Montreal-ACS@state.gov.
State Department – Consular Affairs (888)407-4747 or (202)501-4444
For further information about security in Canada:
- See the Department of State travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Canada Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.