Alert: U.S. Consulate General Vancouver – Winter Storm – Limited Staffing – Emergency Services Only on January 6, 2022
Due to expected heavy snowfall which may make travel in the metropolitan Vancouver area difficult, the U.S. Consulate General Vancouver will have limited staffing and will be open for emergency services only on Thursday, January 6, 2022. Regular American Citizen Services and visa appointments are cancelled.
If you have a visa or American Citizen Services or visa appointment scheduled on January 6 2022, please check your email for instructions on how to reschedule your appointment.
We expect the Consulate General to return to regular operations on Friday, January 7, 2022.
U.S. citizens in need of emergency services should call (604) 685-4311. U.S. citizens can email VancouverACS@state.gov with any questions.
Actions to Take:
Keep STEP Enrollment Active:
- Encourage U.S. citizen friends and family to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so the U.S. Embassy and Consulates can contact them with updated information.
- If you plan to remain in Canada beyond your previously planned travel dates, remember to modify your STEP profile to continue to receive information and emergency alerts.
Monitor the following U.S. Government websites:
- Embassy webpage for information on conditions in Canada.
- Travel Restrictions Fact Sheet for information on COVID-19 Related Travel Restrictions across the U.S. Borders with Canada and Mexico.
- CDC website for the most up-to-date health information.
- COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information.
- Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protection for the latest on travel restrictions for entry to the U.S.
- Travel.State.Gov’s Canada Information and Travel Advisory page for Canada-specific information.
Monitor the following Canadian Government websites:
- Canadian Government’s COVID-19 response website
- Canada Border Services Agency for all information on entry and exit requirements to Canada.
- Monitor the following additional suggested websites: Airlines, buses, trains, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
Follow us on:
- The U.S. Embassy and Consulates General are continually monitoring the current situation in Canada and continue to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens. To contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulates General please find the location closest to you here.